About Dr Marina van der Ryst
For the past 21 years I have run a successful private practice in Pretoria
based on my belief that most people inherently hold within themselves
the key to their personal power and success. Over the past five years
I have trained with the Biofeedback Certification International
Alliance (BCIA) in EEG Biofeedback, QEEG and ISF. I have added these
powerful technological tools to my practice to enhance my clients’
personal growth process.
I obtained a Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology, followed by a PHD at the University of Pretoria. I completed Post-Master diploma studies in Adult Pathology, Neuropsychology and Personality Models at the University of Johannesburg. I also obtained a certificate for International Training in Depression.
I completed advanced Level 3 training in hypnosis, trained in (Neurolinguistic Progamming (NLP) and qualified in Meta-Coaching at the Internationally accredited Associated Certified Meta Coach (ACMC). I specialized in the field of neuroscience and neuropsychology; and provided forensic services and testimony in court in the field of paediatric traumatic brain injury and/or developmental delays. I am affiliated to the following societies and associations:
- Health Professions Council of S A (HPCSA)
- Board of Health Care Funders (BHF)
- SA Clinical Neuropsychological Association (SACNA): Associate Member
- Psychological Society of SA (PSYSSA)
- International Society of Neuro-Semantic Association (ISNS)
- Meta-Coach Foundation (MCF)
- Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (BCIA)
- The South African Association of Clinical Hypnosis: Division of the Psychological Society of South Africa
I am passionate about facilitating the unique individual transformation
process where the client outcomes could include:
- Self-awareness and self-acceptance
- Behavioural competence and flexibility (within the brain as well as in the outside world).
- Empowering beliefs and visions.
- Effective parenting skills to facilitate their children reaching their potential.
- Positive thought processes and mind frames that are supportive of higher good.
- Developing lateral thinking and effective communication skills.
- Unlocking the brain’s potential for high-level problem-solving.
Ensure that you visit scientific supported websites:
- BrainMaster Bio-and Neurofeedback equipment – brainmaster.com
- BioFeedback Certification International Alliance – bci.org
- The Association for Appliance Psychophysiology and Biofeedback – aapb.org
- Information related to brain areas and functioning – Wikipedia.org-wika-brodmannareas